Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter Wonderfulness

So, I saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince yesterday after work.

(this is my fave poster I've seen in the subways)

My wonderful boyfriend spent the better part of his day getting us tickets - which is lucky cause they were all sold out by the time our movie was letting in. So props to the bf!!

I've been a Potter fan since basically the beginning. Every time a new movie comes out, I've reread the books before I go see the film. This year, I opted out. The problem is that I get so aggravated at the movie because I just read the book and I know exactly what's missing. I usually hate the movie the first time I see it... and then I see it a few more times in the theatre and decide I actually do like it. It's quite the process.

So this time I decided I'd not reread the books and just see the movie with a fresh look. And that was a great choice. I do realize some of the stuff that was changed/missing/etc, but it didn't bother me quite as much this time. I honestly didn't realize some of the issues until this morning when I was discussing the movie with a coworker - then it bothered me a little, but not enough to change my opinion of the movie.



I truly loved the film. I laughed, I cried, I felt the warm-fuzzies.... it was just great. I really enjoyed that they made the teen-angsty/lovey stuff come through more for this one (which is pretty well in line with the book). There was also a bit more snark in this one - which is always fun. I already loved the story and the movie just put it on the big screen for me :).

So yeah. My vote is that this is a great movie. Now I have to decide if I want to see it again in the theatre (yes) even if I'm not having to convince myself to like it. I probably will - cause that's just what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment