Thursday, June 25, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen


It's a whole new thing to see a movie with an expert. Perhaps there aren't many experts on movies, but I'm in luck that my boyfriend extraordinaire is an expert in all things toys and comics. This, of course, includes all things Transformers.

I will give this as his answer to the 'bot movies: "My childhood has been raped on film for all to see." So yeah, as a rule, he's totally against the movies... but he still goes to see them to make sure he knows what he's against :).

I'm kinda in between on the whole liking/disliking issue. I mean, I like all of the action and the way the 'bots move and are presented... it's just kinda cool.

But I can definitely see what the problems are. I mean, there are portions of the movie that are just completely fabricated for the movies. That makes it seem a bit less authentic to the story. It's hard to piece things together with what I've seen on cartoons and comics and such - like the colors were kinda wrong for characters... the autobot/decepticon symbols were barely there (so ya never knew who was fighting whom).... and so on.

I really don't want to complain too much. I'm pretty sure my opinion has been skewed a bit because of the boyfriend. Which isn't a problem, but it's definitely made me a bit more cynical toward the Hollywood version of Transformers.

No comments:

Post a Comment